Thursday, June 19, 2008

I stole this from Jeph Jacques

1. My username is _____ because ____

I have a couple usernames because I think I'm a lot cooler online than I am in reality. One of my usernames I made all the way back in middle school when I started using IRC. It's kcyan6, and I don't use it anymore, but personally I think it's awesome. I just got too many questions about what it meant. I didn't know usernames had to mean anything, but basically I took a word, cyan, added a random letter and number to it, and kcyan6 was born. Both dumb AND timeless. Bonus!

2. My name is _____ because ______.

My first name is Leslie because my dad liked it and my mom agreed. That's pretty much the story. I heard a rumor that I have a great-uncle named Leslie, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I know more male Leslies than female. My last name is of Scandinavian origin, and has a double-vowel. My dad's side of the family is from Finland, where inventing words with double-vowels originated. Finns also invented cellphones, furniture, jam, and blond hair.

My middle name is Anne because of Anne of Green Gables. I've never read the book and I don't think my mom has either. According to Anne of Green Gables, the "e" on the end is very important.

3. My blog is titled ____ because ____.

Flying V and the Lost Secretarial Arts came from my twisted brain. Flying V was the name I was going to choose for my as-of-yet nonexistent design company, but I searched the government trademark database and found that it was registered to Gibson Guitars. I wonder if they'd still let me use it because I wouldn't name a guitar after it. Anyway, I decided to just use it as the title of my blog because I didn't think Gibson would care about that. Especially because the only time I would ever make reference to a guitar on the site would be to whine about how I wished I could play one.

The Lost Secretarial Arts refers to my current job as a personal assistant, administrative coordinator, and all-purpose office bitch. I say "lost art" because I suck at it. However, I did fix our toilet once when it wouldn't flush, and it still works. Did I mention my job is ridiculous?

4. My profile pic is ____ because ____.

A picture my sister took with her phone, which explains the quality. I like it because it's a pretty accurate depiction of my personality. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and with a little Photoshopping, I still think that's true.

No comments: