Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Recount

Friday started off with a bang when on my way to work at 7:45am, I fell over the curb into the street, causing my knees and hands to make painful contact with the asphalt below. My bag went flying, all its contents strewn about. At least two guys saw this happen, too, but they just watched me pick myself up, hands-a-bleedin', and collect my lunch, checkbook, purse, and mp3 player. I didn't even trip over anything, I just fell off the curb. I'm awesome!

Later that day, I saw the book signing of author Jessica Abel at Powell's on Burnside, who co-wrote with Matt Madden the book Drawing Words and Writing Pictures: Making Comics from Manga to Graphic Novels. I've seen the book and it's great, it's a really solid introduction to creating and making comics of all types. As a self-professed comics geek, this event was a must-see for me, and I'm really glad I went.

"GEEK"

I was invited by a friend who writes for Northwest Noise to see the band Intervision at Jimmy Mak's on Saturday night. The band had a great sound, reminiscent of Maroon 5 or Steely Dan, and played a lot of original, dance-inspiring tunes, include a few covers of The Police and Bob Marley. You can see NW Noise's exclusive interview with the band frontman, Paul Creighton, on their website.

Intervision

Sunday I golfed with my dad. That's about it. I have amazing short game. It's a Cinderella story, really.


2 comments:

jp said...

Thanks for the NW Noise shout out, Leslie. I'll be sure to send out a link once we have the interview posted, probably tonight or tomorrow. Glad to hear that minus eating it on Friday, you had a good weekend.

jp said...

Finally have the link to post:

http://www.northwestnoise.com/interviews/intervision-interview

Thanks for coming out to the show.