Friday, November 7, 2008

A New Addition to "12 Reasons Why I Love Her"



I'm totally ecstatic (yes, I am a big enough dork to use that word) about meeting Jamie S. Rich and Joëlle Jones, the respective author and artist of the graphic novel 12 Reasons Why I Love Her. The book's amazing, and if you haven't read it, get yourself to Powell's right now and pick it up. The story of Gwen and Evan's relationship is told in 12 chapters, each titled after a song, and the chapters are arranged in an out-of-order sequence. Since the story is told out of order, I can now reveal a page of the book with an alternate storyline, courtesy of Jamie and Joelle, added to my copy of the book last night at the Wordstock Graphic Novel First Thursday. I think the artsy high I got from last night is going to last me the next week at least.

I'm also really excited about Jamie and Joëlle's collaboration on a new graphic novel due next year, You Have Killed Me, about private investigator Antonio Mercer. For more info on Jamie, Joëlle, and their collaborative and independent projects, visit their blogs - Jamie's is here and Joëlle's is here. Support your local Portland artists!

So, next on this week's agenda is an interview podcast with "Chinatown Dance Rock" sensation The Slants, playing this Saturday at the Someday Lounge. I'll be there with JP, Tim, our cheap recording equipment, and several pitchers of Pabst to celebrate the end of another work week. Come join us if you're in the area, 8pm on 125 NW 5th Avenue, to hear tracks from The Slants' new album, Slanted Eyes, Slanted Hearts.

No comments: