Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Dimes & The Mother Hips @ the Doug Fir, Updates

I have been lagging behind on my posts on here... like the WALL-E post? That's week-old news (but he's still cute as ever). So here is another catch-up post to recap on seeing The Dimes and The Mother Hips at the Doug Fir Lounge last Friday.

As the newest staff writer for NW Noise, I tagged along with the boys to interview Ehren Ebbage from The Dimes. Ehren's a very talented acoustic guitarist and vocalist, and occasionally takes longs walks on the beach. The interview went great and you can hear it on the NW Noise website if Jason ever gets around to uploading it. The Dimes were amazing-- the best tracks were "The Liberator" and "Paul Kern Can't Sleep" from their album The Silent Generation (available on iTunes!), and a few as-of-yet unrecorded songs. The Dimes were followed by Bay Area band The Mother Hips, equally impressive with their Bob Dylan/Neil Young/Buffalo Springfield sound.

Just an FYI, I'll be reviewing Ehren Ebbage's solo album Ten Cent Souvenir and will be posting the review to the NW Noise website later this week. Stay tuned!

I'll be taking off to Weed, California (smirk) this weekend for a little family reunion, but while I'm in town I'll have the opportunity to see and interview The Herbivores, a Seattle-based reggaeton/experimental rock band. Think what you may, I don't really participate in "leisure activities", but I consider myself an equal-opportunity music enthusiast. At the very worst, the experience should provide me some good stories. So hold onto your pants until I get back on July 22nd.

And for funsies, here's my current playlist:

"The Way She Does It" - Ehren Ebbage
"Time We Had" - The Mother Hips
"She Sells Sanctuary" - The Cult
"Take A Walk On The Wild Side" - Lou Reed
"Smoke On The Water" - Deep Purple
"Kool Thing" - Sonic Youth
"PBJ and Thank You" - Valeri Lopez
"Hotel Song" - Regina Spektor
"Simple Kind of Life" - No Doubt
"Always The Sun" - The Stranglers
"For Us" - Pete Yorn

1 comment:

Ehren Ebbage said...

Alright! I'm holding on to my pants...when can I let go?