Monday, August 11, 2008

Camping is in tents

This last weekend was spent camping at the Oregon Dunes with the fam. I really needed the break, it was heaven being outside in the beauty of Oregon and away from computers and cellphones and people. It’s so easy to get caught up in everything going on all at once, it’s nice to take a step back and have a breather once in a while. It was great we slept in tents, cooked our food over the fire, got dirt on our clothes and sand in our shoes.

My family is the outdoorsy type, so I’ve been going camping and hiking with them since I was a little girl. Going to the Oregon Dunes is one of our favorite spots. We spent all day Friday at the Oregon Coast Aquarium, where we watched the puffins and got to touch stingrays and small sharks. Saturday was spent at the South Jetty Beach in the Siuslaw National Forest, where we climbed all over the beachside dunes and checked out the stuff that washed up on the shore. Animal sightings included snowy plovers (in summer plumage), killdeer, osprey, otters, pelicans, some kind of hairy worm, and sand crabs.

Now for a random thought: Congrats to my good high school friend Hannah for tying the knot last weekend! I know you and Tim will be very happy!

Currently spinning on my digital turntable:

Il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo Original Soundtrack – Ennio Morricone

No comments: