Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Slacker Updates

It’s finally the last week of summer for the kiddies, you can smell fall in the air here in Portland, and as much as I’d love to enjoy these precious last days of warmth I’ve been crazy-busy with design projects. These last two weeks have been crammed with freelance meetings, deadlines, birthdays, and other various social gatherings. I believe I’ve finally reached a winning design for the brand spankin’ new Northwest Noise business cards, and after all approvals have been received and the production logistics are aligned I’m planning on unveiling it to all you loyal readers. I guess I could put the runners-up on here too, just for funsies.

Also on the agenda for this week were a couple of commissioned illustrations, one for a self-published zine and the other for my buddy at NW Noise, Justin, to celebrate his new digs in NoPo (North Portland, duh) Those’ll show up on here in the next couple weeks as well.

Also up finally on the NW Noise website is my Brandon Chandler & The Revival album review, which you might have seen already my site here, but I’m happy it finally made it on the website it was written for ;) Last week’s interview with Tea for Julie should be posted as soon as the podcast is properly edited, and for the record, those four guys were very cool and the interview turned out great. Up next is my review of Blind Pilot’s album, 3 Rounds and a Sound. They are on their “West Coast Bicycle Tour” now and you can read updates about the band on their blog here.

That’s all I got for now, I’m off to Deschutes Brewery for lunch in a few and I just saw a homeless guy pee on a lamppost outside my window.

No comments: